The Mahakavi Bharathiyar Higher Secondary School
The Mahakavi Bharathiyar Higher Secondary School is a free school with classes from Balwadi (Pre-KG) up to 12th Std. for poor children from the neighbouring villages. The children are provided with quality education completely free of cost. Even their text books, notebooks and uniforms are provided for. Transport to and from the school is also free for primary school children, while we are awaiting assistance from the government for the older children.
We provide value-based education which enables the children to become self-reliant and live ethical lives. The children are exposed to the teachings of Mahakavi Bharathiyar, Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda and who remain our source of inspiration.
Some special achievements of Sevalaya’s school are :
- Consistently producing 100% results in 10th standard and 12th standard state exams.
- The 10th standard top mark in the school was 483/500 and was just 11 marks short of the state top rank.
- Very low dropout rate – 99.57% of students who join KG go on to complete the 12th Standard exam.
- Majority of students finish school with very high percentage. 84% of students in 10th Standard secure 60% and above; 97% of students in 12th Standard secure 60% and above.
- All people finishing school go on to complete higher studies and become employed.
- We have secured 100% pass results in the 10th Standard Board Examinations for 5 consecutive years – 2002-2003 to 2006-2007, the only school in the district to achieve this distinction.
- We have secured 100% pass results in Agriculture Stream for 4 consecutive years from 2004-2005 in the 12th Standard Board Examinations.
- The Overall pass percentage 2011-2012 year is 99%. We achieved 100% pass percentage in both 10th and 12th Standard in 2012-2013.
- We have been getting near 100% results in both 10th and 12th over the past 9 years.
This is all the more meaningful given the rural area in which we are located.